Friday, August 28, 2009

Machete Mob Murders British Gemstone Miner in Kenya

Campbell Bridges, a renowned British gemstone mine owner, has been murdered in the Kenyan bush by a gang of illegal prospectors armed with machetes, spears and bows and arrows...

Read one of the online Articles for more information

Video - Bruce Campbell's First Hand Account


Prior to arriving in Tucson this year, I had been corresponding with the Campbells via email. I had received email from Judy, Campbell's wife, telling me more about the upcoming Tucson Show and their part in it. It was followed up by an email from Bruce upon his arrival in the U.S. for the show. At the AGTA Show in Tucson, I stopped by to talk with Campbell and his son Bruce, whom I met for the first time. He and I talked at some length about the new color change garnet that I had written about in a past Monthly Gem News and in our Blog. He was familiar with it also; like all gem material, there was lots of low grade but also some nice material.


This needless act is a great loss for so many people. Condolences go out to the Campbell family for their loss.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home